Benefits of ABS Include:
- Durable and sturdy parts off practically every machine on the market
- Easier to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Higher melting point and thermal properties than PLA or PETG
- Ideal for prototyping or end-use parts among both industry engineers and hobbyists alike
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ Include:
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical ESD ABS Applications Include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
Target Conductivity for 3DXSTAT ESD ABS:
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how ESD ABS filament works in your specific printer / application.